As a Technical Business Analyst at IOHK you will be working with an outstanding team of people who are based around the world, including researchers, academics, and developers, who are doing ground-breaking work in the blockchain industry. We work remotely and offer a flexible working style.
We are looking for a BA who will work closely with Product Managers to develop the business requirements for new products and changes to existing ones. Accurate business requirements ensure company leadership know what will be delivered and development teams know what to build and test.
This is a role for an experienced BA with outstanding communication and organization skills who can develop the business requirements and support the Company in the timely delivery of releases of our products.
- Work with Product Managers and other key stakeholders to collect business requirements (project background, stakeholders, data, non-functional, interface, business glossary / definitions).
- Facilitate meetings, demonstrate brainstorming / consensus building skills, and interact with executive level project staff.
- Facilitate workshops and mapping sessions with stakeholders.
- Consulting with internal and external customers to bring solutions from ideation to product delivery.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers, acting as facilitator and support across functional areas both within and outside the organization.
- Convert business requirements into functional requirements and ensuring they align with stakeholders (developers, testers, business stakeholders of the project).
- Prepare use cases documenting organizational functional requirements from the user’s perspective as well as creating and documenting ‘user stories’
- Contribute to the project’s vision document (Project Charter).
- Contribute to the Requirement Management Plan (responsibility assignments, tools and procedures used, workflows and activities).
- Collect business requirements for all levels/layers of projects (project background, stakeholders, data requirements, non-functional requirements, interface requirements, business glossary/definitions).
- Prepare and track the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which tracks and outlines project scope and any changes to the project.
- Convert business requirements into ‘Functional Requirement Specifications’ (‘FRS’) and Functional Specification Documentation (‘FSD’) ensuring they align with various document stakeholders (developers, testers, business stakeholders of the project).
- Draft and maintain System Requirement Specification documentation (SRS) (producing data flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, state-transition diagrams).
- Understand how to create a test case and test functionalities against it.
- Work with the Test/QA Manager and product owner to ensure all features are incorporated into the project test and QA plan.
- Proficiency in use if Excel or Google Sheets
- Familiarity and experience with blockchain/DLT concepts and applications
- Proficiency in the use of Version Control System (e.g. Git)
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools
- Familiarity with use of bash or similar CLI (preferred)
- Understanding software engineering best practices
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues
You will have wide-ranging experience and use professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways including;
- Conscientious, Organized, & Detail Oriented
- Excellent Active Listening Technique
- Adept at Dealing with Conflict Between Stakeholders
- Well-Developed Negotiating Capability
- Good Decision Making & Problem-Solving Capability
- Strategic Thinking In All Aspects Of Work
- High Standard of Technical Writing & Presentation
- Strong Client service focus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well with Teams
- Highly motivated, supportive, & collaborative
- Excellent skills in communication, negotiation, consensus building, analysis, research, and problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary.
- The ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
Education / Experience
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or Software Engineering, Business Administration or similar.
- At least 6 years of industry experience in a tech related field
- At least 3 years experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience working for both large organisations as well as startups a bonus
- A background in UI/UX, cryptocurrency wallets, app platforms or cryptocurrency exchanges would be an advantage
- Experience developing technical documentation.
- Experience with business processes, process flow analysis, product architecture and design best practices.