Input Output HK Limited (‘IOHK’) is an engineering company that builds cryptocurrencies and blockchains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations. IOHK is a decentralised company that fosters small, innovative and agile teams executing on ideas which have the potential to cause cascading disruption.
Input Output is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our fast-growing technology start-up. You will be working with an outstanding team of people who are based around the world, including researchers, academics, and developers, who are doing ground-breaking work in the blockchain industry. We work remotely and offer a flexible working style.
How We Work
With a team based across many time zones, we keep in regular contact with messages and internet calls. Teamwork and collaboration are key, and the job will suit a flexible and organised self-starter who is happy working independently.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Write new content: Update existing content, and write new content about our technology, our products and our people
- Edit/Organize: Proofread, review and organize all technical documentation by liaising with the product managers and technical teams
- Create Content for Product features for different formats: Turn new software product features into user guidelines, blog posts and web content
- Standardize Content: Produce high calibre documents that meet our standards and guidelines so that we maintain a common look and feel to all documentation produced
- Communicate and collaborate with team members including members of the communication team through information gathering, content reviews, meetings and status reports.
- Strong understanding of documentation structure and information design.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex technical subjects and relay them to users
- Ensure technical content is easy to understand for technical, and non-technical readers alike, by writing clear, concise and simple sentences to explain difficult concepts
- Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Detail Oriented: Technical writers create detailed instructions for others to follow. As a result, you must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
- Creative: Must be able to think about a procedure or product in the way that a person without technical experience would think about it.
- Communication skills. You must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have non-technical backgrounds.
- Technical skills. You must be able to understand and then explain highly technical information. A background in engineering or computer science is preferred.
- Writing skills. You must have excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical information clearly.
Academic / Experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a Technical Writer preferably with a technology company
- Thorough knowledge of technical writing concepts and techniques
- Self-starter and able to navigate through the application software to get the work done
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure created by deadlines
- University degree majoring in technical writing/translation, major in computer studies or equivalent experience is preferred
In 2015 IOHK founders, Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, set out to cause cascading disruption, committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. They knew back then that they had to first create a place that was designed to enable such unprecedented ambition. A place where incredibly talented individuals are actually empowered to put their best work into the hands of millions of people to build on and explore new ways of working together. As IOHK continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks.
Some projects that we've recently completed or are working on:
When you apply… Please include an up-to-date resume along with links / documents of any work you have produced and are able to your showcase. We also strongly encourage you to include a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at IOHK.