Coinbase's mission is to build an open financial system, and our Security Team serves a vital role ensuring that system stay safe. On behalf of our customers, we store and manage more digital currency than any company in the world. The Platform Security team exists to protect our critical back office surface area to that digital currency: the internal AWS, Cryptocurrency, and Banking Infrastructure along with the backend services that provide the bulk of the smarts for Coinbase. Part Architect, part Engineer, part Evangelist, the Platform Security team is tasked with doing what's right to help the Core Engineering teams deliver default Secure platforms and services. Responsibilities
Our AWS and Physical Infrastructure represent the foundation upon which the rest of Coinbase is built, and your goal is to ensure that foundation is secure. Starting with our base operating systems, through our Dockerized runtimes and into operations, you'll own securing our fundamentals. We'll expect you to be fluent with the AWS Security model (IAM, Instance Profile, etc) so you can help design and implement secure-by-default service templates. As we scale out our accounts and operations models, you'll be implementing the IAM roles that allow our engineering teams to be fast where it's safe to be fast, and slow where we need to be slow. The automation and validators you build will help us scale our ability to secure thousands of services. Requirements
- Concrete, technical knowledge of the AWS Security model, with a preference for someone who has also worked with bare metal systems.
- Working technical knowledge of Gentoo, Docker, Ruby, and Golang.
- Strong secure systems design experience, with the ability to risk model at the cross-company infrastructure layer.
- Scripting, automation, and IAM policy implementation experience: the only way we scale is through well thought out implementations of policies, and enough automation to prevent and detect violations of that policy.
- Strong preference for someone who has worked in a High Security environment.
- Bonus points for someone with Bare Metal experience. As we build out our physical trading infrastructure, your ability to help secure that infra works will be invaluable
- Bonus points for SE Linux experience. Speaks for itself.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.