Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
Coinbase's internal Videographer will be responsible for creating weekly video content for internal and external purposes, educating audiences about the power and potential of crypto to create a more open financial system for the world. As the company's videographer, you will serve as a high-energy creative entrepreneur and jack of all trades, producing inspiring and educational videos weekly as well as content for internal events. You are passionate about crypto and the role it can play in our global financial future, creating transparency, equality of opportunity, and more security-and you have boundless enthusiasm for and ideas about how to use video storytelling to bring the Coinbase mission to the masses in accessible, trustworthy, and compelling ways. Responsibilities:
- Provision and work with design and facilities to set up an internal studio that enables us to shoot on demand, taking into account cameras, lighting, sound, and sets
- Drive weekly production and delivery of videos across a number of themes: internal events and talks, how-to videos, interviews, behind-the-scenes, short editorial features, social motion graphics
- Manage and run all stages of digital video workflow, from storyboard creation to shooting on location or in studio to post-production, animation, editing, and final delivery
- Create, own, and manage a production calendar that brings visibility to the company about what we're making, the goals, and intended outputs
- Publish all relevant content to YouTube and collaborate with Social Media Manager to create all necessary asset versions for various channels
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Maker instincts . The ability to have a hand in it all -- from sourcing equipment to writing scripts to shooting, editing, and doing post -- authentically gets you pumped
- Creative Entrepreneurialism. You are comfortable and happy inventing new forms, trying new things, and building out ideas where nothing has been mapped out for you.
- People skills . You'll be interacting with internal and external executives and high-profile personalities. You know when to dial up professionalism and when and how to draw people out in all the right ways
- Technical skills . Proficiency in using digital cinema cameras, DSLR's and complete understanding of lighting techniques for video
- Experimental approach. Crypto can be complicated stuff, and this role and subject matter will require an appetite for trying many different things. You have tricks up your sleeve (and are excited to try them all) to help use video to tell sometimes complicated, often technical but always important stories
- Conceptual, audience-first mindset . You are a storyteller at your core and you understand how to quickly cut through the weeds and find the nugget that is most interesting
- Built for speed . Proven experience juggling multiple time-sensitive projects with a cool head and a smile. You know how to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and quickly build rapport and trust with people both internal and external