Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
Our mission at Coinbase is to create an open financial system for the world. Today, Coinbase provides a bridge between the traditional financial system and Finance 2.0 for over 25M individuals and institutions across 30+ countries, and we strive to be the easiest and most trusted place to buy, sell and hold crypto.
Coinbase's payment relationships are an integral part of the business in that they enable our customers to move from fiat to crypto and back. We are looking to hire an outstanding leader who will drive the development and implementation of our payments [and banking] strategy on a global basis. Responsibilities:
In this critical role, the Head of Payments Business Development will lead the cross functional efforts with the product, engineering, finance and compliance teams to create and execute on the different elements of the strategy. This person will:
- Develop and execute payments partnerships strategy in support of the Consumer, Pro and Institutional businesses.
- Work closely with internal teams to identify and engage potential partners who can help remove friction from the payments process and create new functionality for users.
- Own all elements of the partnership life cycle: initial scoping, framing of value, negotiation of term sheets and contracts, implementation and optimization.
- Help to define and implement necessary analytics to track and ensure partnership success.
- Build relationships, and be seen as thought leader, across the payments ecosystem.
- Thrive creating structure in ambiguous and fast-moving environments, with minimal guidance.
- Have a proven ability to negotiate and close both mid-size, tactical deals and complex, strategic ones.
- Possess strong analytical abilities to assess partnerships in terms of financial, strategic and operational implications.
- Be an excellent communicator, who is able to develop and deliver compelling narratives for different initiatives, internally and externally.
- Be a leader with a high EQ and small ego, with a track record of building strong relationships.
- Have 8-10+ years of experience in payments or technology business development.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Demonstrate curiosity for and knowledge of digital currency.