At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it's important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world's leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, Washington, D.C and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
What's the role?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious, passionate interface professional to drive design and implementation of cutting-edge blockchain intelligence tools. The UI/UX designer is an essential part of Elliptic's product team. The role is truly cross-functional, with lots of diverse projects to work on and a great opportunity to display your abilities and build on them.
This is a full-time role in our London office.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the product manager and development team to iterate and arrive at the best experience for the critical journeys we are designing for
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and analysts to ensure alignment
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively
- Produce assets and specifications to accurately brief our clients and support them with refinement and evolution during the build process
- Research, prototype, and recommend new technologies and frameworks
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find in a way that is coherent with the other products
- Be part of a fast-paced, agile environment
- Bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team
- Solve complex problems with elegant, imaginative solutions
We're looking for smart designers and innovators who work hard and have fun during the process!
In addition to a passion for solving difficult problems, an ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
Bonus points for:
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Proficient with industry-standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to test wireframes and mockups with real data
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- Interest in cryptocurrencies
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, health insurance, pension plan and EMI options
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Fortnightly team lunches, snacks and drinks in the office, and quarterly team events
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
- Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of mission-driven people who'll stretch and challenge you
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
No recruitment agencies!