Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
As a Data Analyst, you'll join a world class operations team focused on helping Circle scale while providing the best possible customer experience. You'll collect/manage diverse data to generate curated data sets for ease of interpretation and reporting. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who seek a fun, collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment. What you will be working on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Collect/manage diverse data to generate curated data sets for ease of interpretation and reporting
- Perform complex data analysis of risk strategies performance, accuracy and on-going monitoring
- Analyze and implement AML and risk policies
- Develop self-service reports and dashboards "Own" data sets consumed by internal customers, both from quality and performance (SLA) prospective
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with teammates and business leaders
- Automate workforce metrics and dashboards to deliver insights at scale
- Analyze large data sets to distill insights from data and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations & executive presentations
- Determine relevant approach for predictive analytics, including data requirements, trade-offs in analytical methods, and interpretation of results
- Ensure data quality processes; drive consistent use and adoption of measures, hierarchies, tools and reporting standards
- Develop methodologies for analyzing and presenting data in an effective manner
- Communicate and present analysis to a broad audience, including senior management
- Deeply understand our users and their actions
- B.A./B.S. degree from a leading academic institution; quantitative or technical degree a plus
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems
- Working experience in investigations, data analysis, and/or computer science in the technology space
- Basic understanding of traditional financial scams, security best practices, and/or fraud strategies
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial: you've owned projects from start to finish with minimal guidance
- Make quick decisions with large sums of money on the line without breaking a sweat
- Innate ability to spot strange patterns amidst noisy data
- An investigative instinct and the ability to think like a hacker
- Interest in digital currency and the impact that it represents
- Knowledge of payment systems including the ACH network, credit cards, SEPA transfers, and other payment protocols a plus
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world's top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.