Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo, Dublin, and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
The Trade Surveillance Analyst will be responsible for market monitoring and trade surveillance for Coinbase on an ongoing basis. This person will help the Trade Surveillance team monitor all markets, investigate any suspicious trading behavior, and lever Coinbase surveillance technology to help keep Coinbase the most trusted platform in the space. The person will be based in our New York office and should anticipate some travel between NY and our headquarters in SF.Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of trading on all Coinbase platforms and develop and implement surveillance reports as required
- Review and investigate alerts generated by surveillance systems and properly escalate as necessary
- Keep abreast of regulatory and market structure changes that may affect the scope of the existing surveillances
- Work with engineering and support staff to create process efficiencies and improvements
- Enforce and enhance policies and procedures related to Coinbase Trading operations and Trading Rules
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in a market surveillance or trading capacity
- Extensive knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills, a quick learner, and able to demonstrate Coinbase values
- Knowledge of market structure a plus
- Prefer FINRA Series, ACAMS, or other relevant certification
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.