At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it's important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world's leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, Washington, D.C and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
We offer a number of products and services that sit on top of a common analytics platform, from features such as customisable risk scoring algorithms through to fully interactive graph visualisations. The products we make have an effect on thousands of people around the world and enable the legitimate use of cryptocurrencies. Pretty cool, right?
This opportunity is for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join a unique, small (but growing) engineering team within Elliptic, which is responsible for the entirety of the Elliptic web platform.We're looking for someone who can:
It would be great if you also had experience in:
- Take ownership of the automated UI regression suite (currently WebdriverIO), helping the team to catch bugs early in the development lifecycle and ensure the quality of our product is maintained to a high standard
- Work with the product owner to understand the product and existing user journeys in-depth, and use this information to develop our testing strategy
- Be the champion of release quality, and work with the rest of the engineering team to create stable releases that we can deploy with confidence
- Raise, track and take ownership of issues and the release preparation process
- Participate in the refinement of product requirements, helping to identify edge cases and define acceptance criteria for each feature
- Be the subject matter expert and guide the team on testing practices and strategy across all areas of software testing, including unit and integration
- Be comfortable constructing SQL queries to extract necessary data for test cases
- Security/penetration testing
- Load/performance testing of APIs
- API regression testing
- Integrating automated testing into CI environments
- Running test suites in a Dockerized selenium environment.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, health insurance, pension plan and EMI options
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Fortnightly team lunches, snacks and drinks in the office, and quarterly team events
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
- Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of mission-driven people who'll stretch and challenge you
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!