This is a rare opportunity to join a respected and rapidly growing Bitcoin-based business.
As our Lead Frontend Developer, you will be responsible for implementing and improving the UI / UX of our web platform, enabling millions of people to take full advantage of the cryptocurrency financial revolution for the first time.
Every day, hundreds of people all over the world use our services to pay their bills, send gifts to family members, or to cash out with digital currency they have earned. This means that every change or new feature we release is instantly measurable. We need to be dynamic and move fast to adjust to a rapidly evolving industry. We have short feedback loops, forgive errors, and deploy often.
The task is challenging - users from 160 countries have different expectations, trust is an important issue, and there are plenty of UX difficulties with everything involving Bitcoin.
We’ve come a long way already, on super-low resources, but now we are positioned to take our product to the next level. We built a solid reputation within our niche and intend to leverage it to grow from more than 20.000 monthly customers into the next Bitcoin business everyone is talking about. We will start with the low-hanging fruit, but we have constant feature requests and improvements to deploy as we scale up.
- Responsibility for the UX, functionality and speed of our app and commercial platform
- Building and deploying new code, features and products, as well as maintaining and improving old code
- Working closely with our Communications and Management Teams to ensure optimal prioritization and streamlined deployment
- Be hungry to learn, fast to execute, do a lot with little, and care strongly about your product and users
- Be a team player and a good friend who will contribute to our unpretentious culture
Skills and experience:
- You have a minimum of 3+ years’ of Frontend experience and 5+ years of general programming experience
- Have frontend development skills for standard Node.js / React stack
- Experienced in building mobile-focused responsive applications
- Experienced in on-page SEO, HTML5, AMP
- Experienced on working with HTTP protocol (especially HTTP/2) and CDN:s
- Skilled optimal usage of CSS
- A strong digital portfolio which demonstrates the above
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
It’s a plus if you also:
- Have a big influence on the product, so a good sense for UX / design is a strong advantage
- Bitcoin experience is not a requirement - we’ll teach you what you need to know, but it's definitely a plus if you have some passion for the movement
- To become part of a talented team with high ambitions for a world where Bitcoin is money for everyday use
- A challenging workplace and a great education when it comes to everything involving cryptocurrency
- Office located centrally in Stockholm or the opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Team retreat and get together twice each year (at a warm location during winter and in Stockholm during the Fall)
- Competitive salary and compensation
Want to join our team of 14 ambitious Bitrefill individuals? Send in your application now!
Note; We don't sponsor visas and we don't pay for relocation. However, we are open to remote work from anywhere in the world. We are only looking for individuals who are interested in joining our team full-time. No agencies.