Coinbase exists to change the world. By creating an open financial system we will bring about more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity on a global scale. Operating across 33 countries, Coinbase is the world's largest retail brokerage and exchange, trading over $150 billion since inception. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone and are guided by two key principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
Support plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to educating, helping, and supporting our global user base through a variety of different mediums of customer service -- our help center, email, phone, and social support channels to name a few.
A little about us: we are a cross-functional, collaborative and empathetic team dedicated to the user experience and understanding of our product. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds. Who you are:
You are an experienced content writer, who has spent time writing support focused content. You have a passion for writing and educating others through written form, taking dense (maybe technical) concepts and making it palatable for audiences. You know how to write using pre-set guidelines while also suggesting ways to improve messaging. You will report to the lead content strategist and support the overall vision to deliver strategic messaging to our customers. Responsibilities:
- Write and maintain educational content for a variety of Coinbase customers including Help Center articles, product related content, and email content, abiding by developed communications guidelines
- Have a keen attention to detail and an understanding for the Coinbase user
- Focus on making complex and technical topics simple and approachable for all audiences
- Maintain and strengthen relationship with content writers in other departments to facilitate a streamlined/seamless content experience
- Bring a creative & strategic eye to writing content, making it more effective through style, format, and delivery
- Support additional content strategy projects as needed which may include content migration or content mapping
- Experience writing and publishing content for a large consumer audience. Experience with customer education or drafting support content is a must. AP Stylebook trained, preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of content writing with at least 1-2 years support content writing, cryptocurrency familiarity is a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, support ticketing systems, and JIRA is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability
- Prior experience working in a high growth environment
If you're looking to join a rapidly growing market leader within an engaging and high performing team dedicated to our customers, apply today. This position will be a 6-month contract position. Help us make Coinbase even better! What to send with the Application
In addition to your resume and cover letter, please submit a sample of content that you have recently written that highlights the skills you will bring to Coinbase. Feel free to also link to your LinkedIn profile.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.