Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. The Corporate Development team works with cross-functional leaders across the company to make this vision a reality. As a Corporate Development Intern, you will work with a small and mighty team to drive strategic initiatives, assess market and competitive dynamics, and execute and integrate mergers and acquisitions.
Why Coinbase? We are one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to make big moves through mergers and acquisitions. Over the past year alone we've welcomed a dozen teams to Coinbase through M&A, and we're just getting started. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, we encourage you to apply today! Responsibilities:
- Work with Corp Dev team to assess market and competitive dynamics to shape company strategy
- Assist Corp Dev team with executing mergers and acquisitions end-to-end, including sourcing opportunities, conducting analyses, structuring and negotiating transactions, and integrating targets
- Lead large, cross-functional projects and build consensus with senior leaders across the organization
- Build relationships with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new developments
- Currently enrolled and pursuing an MBA degree
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Experience in financial services and/or consumer Internet, especially if focused on digital currency
- Experience negotiating, closing and/or integrating M&A deals
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.