Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are seeking a Head of Communications for our New York, San Francisco or London office. THE ROLE:
The Head of Communications will lead all aspects of Blockchain's PR and communication strategy and execution, in alignment with Blockchain's overarching marketing strategy. Reporting to the COO, she/he works closely with the executive leadership team to craft a cohesive, consumer-facing narrative and drive its delivery. A seasoned communications leader, she/he will drive impact, proactively leveraging a broad set of media touchpoints to maintain and extend Blockchain's prominence in the public dialogue.WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Conceptualize and implement an external communications strategy that successfully raises Blockchain's profile.
- Ideate and drive consistent and compelling storytelling that leverages the assets and stories of our brand, product advances and key executives to prominently drive awareness of Blockchain's story and products.
- Safeguard Blockchain's brand through rapid yet thorough response plans to address complex, potentially heated public issues affecting the company, executives and board.
- Successfully raise Blockchain's profile at major industry events and conferences.
- Publicize our employer of choice positioning especially related to recruitment, retention, culture, diversity and inclusion.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- 10+ years of experience using strategic communications and public relations to create a differentiated brand.
- Experience building and executing media campaigns, crisis management plans, and advising C-suite leadership.
- Proven ability to create and utilize strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results; experience working with journalists at key outlets across print, broadcast and online channels.
- Love of the written word and keen attention to detail (the kind of person who has strong opinions on the use of the Oxford comma and frequently identifies typos in newspapers and novels).
- Initiative; ability to learn new skills and information quickly, and to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of New York City, San Francisco or London.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Resume/CV or LinkedIn profile.
- Link to your portfolio, if any.
- Your favorite GIF.