Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
Coinbase is looking for a best in class Business Continuity Manager to be oversee the company's global business continuity management program. Reporting into the Director of Security, this position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the global business continuity program from the ground up. We're looking for somebody who is passionate about the business resilience and is knowledgeable and driven to implement a robust program at a rapidly growing company. This person will have a passion for technology, experience with complex systems, and be an expert in the world of business continuity. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the program from creating and maintaining business impact analysis to risk assessments, planning, and drills.
- Lead the configuration, implementation, and roll out of a business continuity system to support enterprise-wide business continuity efforts.
- Develop a BCM framework to assist the business in identifying risks
- Asses third party providers to ensure their readiness to respond to a disaster or other event.
- Working alongside business units, IT, infrastructure, and other teams to ensure the program remains current and provides maximum efficiency during an event.
- Maintain compliance with all standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Is knowledgeable of international laws and country specific nuances that can impact program implementation
- Conducts training with business units to test operational resilience of programs
- Act as the primary contact with all business continuity program audits and client reviews.
- Creates reports as needed.
- Creates a state of readiness with all business units and groups to respond when a disaster or other event occurs.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Proven leadership with 5+ years of business continuity leadership at a technology or financial company.
- A technical background with analytical skills capable of learning emerging products and creating plans to support the business.
- Business Continuity Certification (CBCP, MBCP, BCCE, etc.)
- Proficient with the Google software suite
- Experience in defining, implementing and enforcing risk-based standards, processes and procedures for responding to disruptions in business or IT operations
- Knowledgeable and experienced in crisis management best practices