Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step of that journey is making digital currency accessible and intuitive. Two principles guide our efforts. First, to be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, to create customer-focused products that are desired, intuitive, and delightful to use.
With many new blockchain projects and assets launching rapidly, access to good liquidity, transparent risk management, intelligent asset curation and reliable price discovery is more important than ever. At Coinbase, we're setting out to build the most trusted platform for sophisticated traders to manage risks of and speculate on cryptocurrencies with well designed products, easy-to-use features and wider access to a burgeoning ecosystem of new asset classes.
This is where you come in-you'll work closely with our design, product and engineering team to help design and implement a new set of tradable financial instruments as well as operational and risk management procedures.
If you're excited by the problem spaces of designing and delivering advanced financial instruments for crypto risk management, business rules, and creating innovative assets; please get in touch!
We're thoughtful about code quality, testing, and architecture in our engineering process and we highly value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication.Responsibilities:
- Design business rules, algorithms, risk management and operating procedures for a trading platform for complex financial instruments.
- Develop and implement models and simulations to test the performance of complex financial instruments and markets in various conditions.
- Provide testing frameworks and educational materials for the new assets and instruments for internal and external consumption.
- Work with our engineers to build, test and help ship new instruments on a regular cadence.
- Turn our vision for an open financial system into a tangible, long term roadmap by working with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership.
Nice to Have:
- You have at least 7 years of experience in financial engineering including instrument design and risk management.
- You have experience in risk modeling for financial products and markets.
- You're experienced in planning for "unknown unknowns", "black swan events" and overall ecosystem health and protection.
- You're experienced in handling large real-time data sets in highly performant systems.
- You write high quality, well-reasoned design documents and proofs to meet the needs of our internal and external users.
A little about the product team:
- You're familiar with product and design life-cycles, and collaborating closely with developers, designers and product managers.
- You're experienced in identifying and fixing risk and operational bottlenecks.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
We're a full-stack, tight-knit team with experts in frontend, backend, design, and product. We take "efficient execution" to heart. In joining our small, tight-knit crew, you'll have considerable ownership over the product and a substantial impact on our success.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.