Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Risk team's mandate is to accelerate Coinbase's mission of building an open financial system by keeping the platform safe from fraud and enabling delightful experiences for our customers. Accomplishing this will afford us the opportunity to build the world's best place to access, own, and use cryptocurrency.
Our strategy to achieve this is:
- Make rapid, data-driven risk decisions that balance the impact of fraud and customer friction.
- Build best-in-class tools that accelerate our ability to identify and minimize fraud.
- Build product experiences that balance fraud prevention with eliminating friction from customers' experience.
We're a cross-functional product team with experts in fraud analytics, machine learning, backend, frontend, product and design. We leverage machine learning, data analysis, and our internal tools to stay ahead of fraudsters. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities:
- Work with the Engineering, Data, Fraud Operations, Design and other stakeholders to scope and deliver world class products that advance the Coinbase mission.
- Work closely with the product and leadership teams to develop the Risk product roadmap
- Own the systems and customer experiences for fraud detection and prevention
- Drive new feature development/improvements, experimentation, and infrastructure investments to maintain a best-in-class risk program that maximizes economic value for Coinbase and its customers
- Protect payment partner relationships with zero breaches of partner fraud thresholds
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Product management experience at a financial technology or consumer technology company
- Experience working on risk, anti-fraud, or anti-spam teams
- Deep understanding of how payment systems and how financial fraud works
- Experience working directly with design and engineering teams. Clear ability to understand engineering/design tradeoffs
- Experience making data driven decisions
- Excellent communicator and consensus builder
- The ability to lead through influence and inspire those around you
- Exhibit our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution