Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. To bring this vision about, we'll need to make blockchain technology more accessible, both in the sense of making cryptocurrencies easier to obtain and easier to understand.
At Coinbase Earn, our mission is to be the most trusted place for users to learn about and earn cryptocurrency. We are starting by sharing content relating to asset education, publicly available on the web for millions of people. For many users, this will be their first place to learn about a digital asset.
This is where you come in-you can help us build the best video content to educate users on new cryptocurrencies. We are looking for someone to own the video production function for the Coinbase Earn team, building out, managing, and driving our creative systems, processes, and workflows related to the educational video assets. You will work closely with our internal editorial and product teams and an external creative agency to produce trustworthy and delightful content on schedule and at scale. If you're passionate about cryptocurrency and education and skilled at creative video production, we should talk. Responsibilities:
- Create, drive, and manage all creative project schedules and resource plans, bringing visibility to the company about what we're making, the goals, and intended outputs
- Work closely with asset issuers, copywriters, editors, and our creative agency (animators, voiceover artists) to produce multiple video deliverables on schedule and at a high bar
- Own all trafficking of pre-production within Coinbase offices of creative materials, marshalling resources across a cross-functional team, from scripting to storyboard creation to voiceover to post-production, animation, editing, and final delivery
- Over time, own more of the content production stack including making simple edits, posting to YouTube, and interfacing with asset issuers
- Proven video production and project management skills within a creative team at a technology company
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Hands' on video experience as an editor/producer
- Implementation of workflows and processes
- Experience juggling multiple time-sensitive projects with a cool head and a smile. You know how to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and quickly build rapport and trust with people both internal and external
- Initiative and collaboration. The ability to start from scratch, drive yourself, know when to ask for input, and communicate clearly along the way are critical to success.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We're a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach.
- A flexible mindset. You're fast on your feet when dynamics shift and are a problem-solver at your core.
- Bonus: copywriting experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.