Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
As part of platform engineering, you'll join small, productive teams in an agile environment and gain real-world experience building and deploying secure, production-scale services for consumer facing products. You'll work alongside smart engineers who are passionate about the product and producing quality code.
Working out of either Boston or Dublin, you'll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across teams and continue to learn.What you'll work on:
You'll also work on:
- Build a secure full-stack web application that allows us to better visualize our liquidity in multiple currencies and bank accounts worldwide, as we focus on international expansion
- Productize machine learning models and build a world-class automated evaluation system to manage risk exposure while delivering the best possible experience to our customers
- Be a hero for our finance team by developing an automated reporting framework that allows new reports to be easily scheduled and downloaded each day, month, quarter or year
- Continue investing in our core technology and shared libraries by making it easier for all teams to use multi-region storage and infrastructure and improve our resilience during outages and increase our uptime
- Build an open transaction protocol where users can send money and exchange value that utilizes both new and traditional technologies to deliver value the fastest and cheapest way possible
- Create, maintain, and extend a diverse array of sustainable tools and systems that will support fast product development and delivery flow, enable team autonomy and cultivate continual learning and experimentation
- Provide new search capabilities across all of our financial partners so that our Customer Support team can more quickly resolve payment issues
- Predict fraud before it happens by facilitating data science model creation and evaluation, and developing a high-performance rules engine
- Leverage blockchain technology in a new transaction framework so that Financial Institutions an exchange value and associated metadata in a compliant manner
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Own software throughout the entire development life-cycle
- Contribute ideas to improve our product and processes, make decisions that have significant impact, and provide feedback so we can continue to get better
- Experience working closely with internal teams to identify requirements and iterate on solutions
- Evangelize best practices for engineering teams, including ideas around design and code reviews and architecture
- Debug complex production issues across various levels of the tech stack
- Interest in building large-scale, distributed systems
- Interest in impacting the way money moves between people
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world's top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.