Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Blockchain is looking for a Controller for our entities in UK. You will serve as the lead in all accounting matters for our UK entities, including monthly close, technical accounting, reporting, and audit functions.
This role requires a dynamic and curious individual who is able to work together with multiple international offices, be willing to roll up their sleeves and learn about various different business lines within the organization and develop processes on how controllership can support these different business lines. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Provide leadership to the accounting team
- Manage all accounting operations including monthly close, reconciliation of bank and crypto currency accounts, documentation of accounting policies and procedures, revenue related processes and payments.
- Enhance our financial processes and policies to drive improvement as Blockchain continues to grow and ensure high standards of controls and procedures are in place.
- Review or prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Lead month-end and year-end close process and prepare reporting pack to CFO and management
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Build, document and maintain internal controls around financial reporting
- Keep up to date and build up accounting policies around crypto currencies
- Point of contact and manager for audit of UK entities
- Manage and build banking relationships.
- Continue to build out finance systems for controllership function
- Lead finance and accounting related internal projects
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- ACA or equivalent qualification a plus.
- 7+ years of relevant experience at a high-growth company.
- Experience with international accounting (Luxembourg, United States, and United Kingdom is a plus).
- Experience managing internal or external audit process.
- Desire to worked independently as a member of an international organization.
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume, CV, and/or your LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.