Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
We're looking for an analyst to join our Risk Operations team and support our risk analysis and AML investigations for our growing OTC Cryptocurrency operation in Asia. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual who enjoys analytical challenges, extremely customer focused, and seek a fun, collaborative, and fast-paced environment. What you will be working on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Be a subject matter expert on AML / compliance ops for Circle Trade and USDC - Asia
- Suggest risk control changes based on identified trends or inefficiencies, e.g. transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, etc, focus on automation and controls streamlining.
- Identify suspicious activity, KYC and EDD red flags investigate patterns / typologies and work on appropriate solutions.
- Maintain a strong operational focus with the ability to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities- be ready to support the onboarding of customers as well as alert case management!
- Suggest improvements to internal policies/procedures, give constructive feedback to our product teams on improvements to be made to internal tools that will lead to greater efficiency for the risk ops team and the customer.
- Identify gaps in our AML controls and work closely with compliance, product and engineering teams to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to understand complex business problems, break down analytical projects into a structured approach and formalize complex ideas into a well defined logic.
- Be comfortable with dealing with high amounts of data and developing AML metrics and reporting to help lead risk decisions
- Strong urge to always put the 'customer first' and show an empathetic side for the customer experience.
- Strong independent contributor that can be relied upon to deliver consistent results and help us iterate and improve constantly as we grow.
- Help build out documentation of existing policies and take the initiative to suggest areas of improvements to our own internal knowledge base
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
- B.A./B.S. degree from a leading academic institution; quantitative or technical degree a plus
- 1+ years experience in AML investigations, data analysis, etc; Asian payments industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in AML operations - understanding the end to end risk mitigation process.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Interest and experience in the digital currency space and distributed networks.
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent Chinese language is preferred.
- CAMS certification or equivalent is preferred
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .