Coinbaseâ€™s mission is to build an open financial system, and our Security Team serves a vital role ensuring that system stay safe. On behalf of our customers, we store and manage more digital currency than any company in the world. The Platform Security team exists to protect our critical back office surface area to that digital currency: the internal AWS, Cryptocurrency, and Banking Infrastructure along with the backend services that provide the bulk of the smarts for Coinbase. Part Architect, part Engineer, part Evangelist, and part traditional Infrastructure Security, the Platform Security team is tasked with doing whatâ€™s right to help the Core Engineering teams deliver default Secure platforms and services. Responsibilities: From AWS and the Cryptocurrency node infrastructure up to the product application layer, your team will be responsible for ensuring Coinbase has a safe and secure platform to build our user facing products on. Weâ€™ll expect you to have deep knowledge on how to scale security with a growing fleet of services and a growing operational need. Especially as Coinbase continues to expand the number of teams, business unit, and market growth, we need a leader whose team can help Coinbase implement the next version of our service footprint. A second, equally important aspect of this role is scaling out our ability to securely support the many new assets classes Coinbase expects to add, from driving security from asset protocol to node supply chain and coinbase integration. Requirements:Â
- 2+ years of Security Leadership experience, with a preference for building and leading Infrastructure Security or Secure Architecture teams.
- Proven ability to scale out a team in both size and capability. You need to be able to both hire the right people and grow the existing people to expand team capability. You also should know where/when to make infrastructure, automation and process investments as a scaling lever.
- Literacy in Infrastructure Security. You donâ€™t need to be fast at doing the IC work, but you need to fully understand whatâ€™s happening and communicate whatâ€™s important
- Strong capability to prioritize multiple inbound work streams and competing projects. We expect you to lead the team, which means knowing what needs to get done when.
- Strong communication skills: as a central pivot point for security mediation, project pipeline and security planning, youâ€™ll be expected to communicate with many different stakeholders across the company.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Franciscoâ€™s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.