Coinbase is one of the Bay Areaâ€™s fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, Iâ€™d encourage you to apply today.
A Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Shift Manager works in the upper echelons of the GSOC. Working alongside a team of contract GSOC Operators, the Analyst is responsible for daily operations, expectations, projects, outcomes, and analysis of threat vectors in order to mitigate risk to Coinbase assets. They are a mission critical person that moves the GSOC from purely sourcing information to properly analyzing it, recommending next steps, and actioning approved plans. They perform their duties via shift-work, working four 12-hour shifts per week, including nights. Responsibilities:
- Lead Â a contracted staff of GSOC Operators.
- Generate risk assessments pertaining to sites, events, executive travel, business continuity, global occurrences, and more.
- Dispatch and oversee incident response at a global scale, as well as thoroughly document occurrences.
- Liaise with key leaders within Coinbase as part of our Â proactive and reactive threat mitigation strategies.
- Conduct after action reviews of occurrences and provide recommendations focused on improving the program.
- Analyze open and closed-source data.
- Monitor and respond to critical infrastructure concerns.
- Develop policies and procedures that govern the operations of the GSOC as well as other physical security teams.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Franciscoâ€™s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- You are seasoned at using internal, open source, and private intelligence tools.
- You have a passion for analyzing information and going â€five questions deepâ€ to identify things not previously known.
- You have experience conducting both internal and external investigations that deal with sensitive data, material non-public information, criminal implications, political topics that you may personally disagree with, or require you to engage with foreign and domestic government officials.
- You are comfortable following documented processes, and equally excited to contribute to process development.
- You have no problem playing devilâ€™s advocate in any situation, and are keen to proactively seek out a peer to do the same to you.