Coinbase is one of the Bay Areaâ€™s fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series D funding in August 2017, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Portland and London, we are looking to expand rapidly in 2018 and 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, Iâ€™d encourage you to apply today.
We are looking for a seasoned Sr. Engineer to establish a world class Workday Engineering practice in IT and drive practices like product quality, CI/CD and agile, from day one. The role will report to the Sr. Manager for Finance, legal and HR.
We have an aggressive portfolio of brand new world class implementations like NetSuite Financials, Workday HR and SFDC Sales and Service Cloud, integrations with Mulesoft. Â The successful candidate will have significant previous experience and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments, and a long track record of buy vs build decisions.
The growing IT Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) team is based in San Francisco, CA, with a global presence in other Coinbase offices. Responsibilities:
- Workday Studio Development and Configurations, REST API Mulesoft Integrations based on the evolving business needs
- Deliver fit-for-purpose solutions to business requirements
- Complete BUILD, RUN responsibility
- Responsible for production metrics and meeting production SLAs
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues and help prioritise against existing backlog based on severity and impact
- Responsible for all engineering practices for their area- Signal Lights Executive Cockpit, Product Quality, CI/CD
- Perform Quarterly Operational reviews
- Complete Platform Ownership: Management of Technical Debt and Platform Life Cycles for BambooHR and Workday
- Drive buy vs. build decisions
- Perform configuration and code reviews
- Work across a number of technologies and advise on fit-for-purpose solutions
- Balance needs for functional and non-functional requirements (availability scalability, supportability, security, interoperability, etc.)
- Work closely with the Security teams to identify and implement unique security requirements relevant for the Coinbase business model
- 5+ years experience with the above, including successful influencing skills at the executive level
- Past experience with global implementations - Workday, Greenhouse, ADP, OKTA, Lattice, Mulesoft Integrations
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products
- Clear communication and orchestration of technical resources
- Significant vendor management skills
- Working knowledge of Jira, GitHub and overall Devops experience
- Hands-on experience with Agile and breaking writing high quality user stories with Acceptance criteria
- Demonstrated ability to create order out of chaos, with minimal oversight
- Expert knowledge of Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Wikiâ€™s.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Franciscoâ€™s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.