At IOHK we hire smart people from different backgrounds and disciplines, working closely together in an environment of respect and trust. Our goal is to create a culture of transparency, innovation and collaboration. Recruiting the right people, who not only have the smarts but also the behaviours to nurture our culture, is critical to our success and this is where you come in!
Wherever you decide to work, you will be supported by and be part of IOHK’s remote work culture that emphasizes online communication via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
IOHK are recruiting a Software Test Engineer that is experienced with Test Automation. You will be responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution across all releases to the Cardano Platform. Working closely with developers, project managers, network engineers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
A strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology is required. You will play a key role in development projects and be responsible for defining, tracking, coordinating and conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
Skills & Requirements - we expect to see:
- Solid Software Testing experience: You’ll have a wide range of experience, using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. This includes being able to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. You’ll have experience of test management software along with strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes and experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases and hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Test Automation: With a minimum 3 years’ experience, you’ll be able to help build and define the processes within the team and have hands on coding experience in a software development environment, including solid knowledge of and scripting
- Performance and/or security testing is a core requirement
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Interact with relevant teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Reviewing and analysing system specifications
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Execute and analysis automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Support technical services as escalation point for reported bugs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business focused
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
Desirable to have:
- Experience with a functional programming language such as Scala / Haskell or another functional language would be very advantageous, but we will also consider experience with Python, Java or C#
- Blockchain Development experience is preferable but relevant technical experience is also considered, i.e. you’ve worked in highly technical environments and have the ability to pick up new concepts and processes
When you apply… Please include an up-to-date resume and we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at IOHK. Specifically, we are interested in hearing about the depth of your testing experience, environments you’ve worked in and how you can add value to the team.