We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team. As part of our DevOps team, you will work with geographically diverse experts and work closely with the Research and Development teams to ensure high-quality, stable environments for our customers.
We offer a flexible work style with a chance to work in a very dynamic team with talented people from all around the world within the blockchain research space. We are particularly interested in people with experience of Nix, NixOps, Opensource work and Functional Languages such as Haskell.
Wherever you decide to work, you will be supported by and be part of IOHKs remote work culture that emphasizes online communication via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
- Working on ‘build and deployment cycles’ across all development environments
- Supporting the build, deployment, and configuration management for multi-tier applications
- Participating in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure. Improving and maintaining tooling and scripts for automation purposes
- Supporting our teams to write software that is simple and flexible to configure and deploy
- Collaborating with agile teams to establish and maintain automated regression suite infrastructure and performance testing infrastructure
- Building capabilities to allow development teams to be self-sufficient
Skills & Requirements - we expect to see:
- Fluency in Linux environments
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and development environments
- Scripting and/or programming skills and the ability to develop custom tool integrations
- Experience of multiple version control systems, including Git
- Experience with performance testing and analysis using Thread Scope, Perf (Linux) JMeter, Grinder, LoadRunner or similar
- Experience maintaining bug tracking, code review, coverage analysis, agile tracking and testing tools
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience with Infrastructure provisioning tools e.g. Nix, NixOps, Apache Maven, Terraform and AWS CLI
- Experience administering application servers, servlet containers, and web servers
- Strong experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Experience with AWS, Google Compute or other cloud provider is a requirement
- ITIL Security Management and Production Support experience highly desirable.
- Cloud Security certifications e.g. CCSK, CCSP desirable
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related engineering/science fields or equivalent commercial experience.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience, working on complex projects that include a 24/7 SLA
- Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Deep understanding of Application Development Processes.
- Deep technical understanding of blockchain and Cryptocurrency.
- Experience with configuration management and tooling.
- Hands-on experience with designing, improving and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with setting technical and business metrics and make data driven decisions;
What we value:
- Passion for working alongside people that want to build and deliver high quality products and services using world-class disruptive technologies
- Collaboration and Inclusion: Innovation happens when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust. You will help bring people into the conversation.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. For example, all our code is open source and we share information openly with communities and colleagues.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision. We offer a dynamic working environment that suits people who are self-motivated and can work autonomously. You will naturally have strong communication and organisational skills and can work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
In addition to working on ground breaking projects, you’ll also get in return:
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Flexible hours
- 20 days paid service interruption
- Paid public holidays
- 5 days paid sick leave
In 2015 IOHK founders, Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, set out to cause cascading disruption, committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. They knew back then that they had to first create a place that was designed to enable such unprecedented ambition. A place where incredibly talented individuals are actually empowered to put their best work into the hands of millions of people to build on and explore new ways of working together. As IOHK continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks.
Some projects that we've recently completed or are working on:
When you apply… Please include an up-to-date resume. We also strongly encourage you to include a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at IOHK.