Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
Weâ€™ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, weâ€™re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, weâ€™re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
We are passionate about building experiences that our customers love. Circleâ€™s engineering team enables us to do that at scale, supporting customers all over the world and processing millions of transactions across multiple currencies in a reliable, secure and fast way. The Poloniex team is looking Âfor software engineers that enjoy solving complex problems. ÂWe want to work with engineers that have a passion for their craft and care deeply about the experience of the users and operators of the systems they build. ÂÂÂ What you'll work on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Complex, open ended, problems in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Building RESTful micro-services on AWS cloud platforms using modern software delivery techniques including ECS and Docker
- Design and code new features for the Poloniex Cryptoasset Exchange
- Troubleshoot and fix code defects
- Be a member of a small agile software engineering team
- Coach and mentor other engineers
- Learn a lot, be challenged, and have fun
- Flexibility to work on many facets of the system from database design, to asynchronous event based middleware, to front end modern html applications
- Ability to design relational databases and have at least intermediate capability with SQL
- Ability to build simple and elegant software solutions
- Ability to work well as a team member on a close-knit team
- 2+ years of programming experience
- Computer Science degree preferred
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. Weâ€™re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out atÂ circle.com Âand download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anÂequal opportunity employer
Âand value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.