Sr. Specialist Information Security Analyst->> Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations provides direction and guidance on reports and analyses and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/business needs and capabilities. Ensures that all significant security concerns are addressed. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Description:
- The candidate will provide enterprise level guidance, assessment and direction in the development and implementation of encryption architectures, services, and solutions for the banks complex, global environment.
- Emphasis is on validation polices, standards and procedures are followed, documentation of any gaps and escalation of any risks
- Knowledge of implementing and evaluating data encryption systems for networks, computing platforms, and applications software.
- Understand practical risk tradeoffs encryption systems design and implementation. Understand the requirements for conducting a proof-of-concept test or threat scenarios to evaluate architectural options, such as: use of different protocols, algorithms, key lengths and key management systems; encryption at varying points in the technology stack (ref. the OSI stack); centralized vs. decentralized solutions; and solution match to requirements.
- Familiar with centralized key management solutions.
- Familiar with encryption technologies: TLS/SSL, full disk encryption, Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), PKI, DBMS encryption products; application Crypto API use, both wireless and wireline encryption.
- Basic knowledge of industry encryption standards (e.g. NIST SP 800-57, ISO/IEC 18033, and FIPS 140-2).
- Understanding of Information Security frameworks and best practices (e.g. ISO, NIST).
- Experience with the following products is a plus: Oracle ASO/TDE, Vormetic data at rest encryption. Key management solutions (Gemalto or similar products)
- Ability to follow encryption system requirements, standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to discuss encryption solutions with technical teams.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Minimum 10 years experience in information technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required.
- Minimum 2 years leading implementation teams or hands on implementation of encryption solutions.
- Industry certifications such as: CISSP/SSCP, GSEC, or GCIH a plus.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New YorkInternal Jobcode:
Information Security-HR11724Requisition Number: