BitPay is currently seeking an NMLS Specialist with strong knowledge of US compliance, regulations, and licensing requirements for the payment processing industry. The company is fast paced and growing. This candidate must have the ability to multi-task, be flexible and work well within an international environment.
- Leading North American compliance activities;
- Assist in the tracking of the company's progress and completion of necessary corrective actions in addressing regulatory concerns discovered from the monitoring and testing work;
- Assist in preparation for examinations by regulators and auditors;
- Assist in preparing state money transmitter license applications including but not limited to: officer background checks, completing all state forms, updating compliance program documents, collecting personal and company background and financial information;
- Act as the main company contact for state regulatory agencies and maintain company filing information in NMLS;
- Responsible for the preparation and timely filing of financial and transaction data reports in compliance with state money transmitter license requirements;
- Maintain a calendar for application submissions, reporting, and any potential examinations or compliance audits;
- Maintain and update licensing policies and procedures to ensure consistency with ongoing business activities and operations;
- Research and interpret changes in regulations relevant to the digital currency industry including BSA/AML, State Money Transmitters, Broker/Dealer and alternative trading system exchange requirements;
- Lead by example in order to cultivate a culture of compliance across BitPay and ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- BA/BS Degree preferred. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) preferred.
- 5 years of Compliance, Regulatory and Banking experience.
- Experience working for a Bank, MSB (Money Services Business) or Global Payments firm or a firm that has an AML (Anti Money Laundering) program.
- 3+ years relevant experience with money transmission or mortgage lending state licensing registration and/or reporting.
- Experience with the National Multi-state Licensing System (NMLS).
- Strong knowledge of financial services regulations including state money transmission laws and federal BSA/AML regulations.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail a MUST.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written and at all organizational levels.
- Great work ethic, willingness to learn and proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, transparent and collaborative working environment.
- A passion for advancements in financial technology (prior experience with digital currency or blockchain preferred but not required).