Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
The Director of Client Services will lead a team of Global Account Managers, who work closely with our high net worth and VIP individual and institutional customers, seeking to purchase and trade cryptocurrencies through our OTC Trading Desk and platforms. This is a new position, leading a geographically distributed organization, and will report to the Vice President of Customer Experience. The Director will work closely with Sales, CX, Risk and Product Management partners to successfully on-board and manage ongoing relationships with key clients.
This critical role will be responsible for establishing processes, procedures, hand-offs, escalations, quality control and best practices to scale effectively. The goal is to build a highly efficient team, capable of supporting clients across multiple geographies, 24/7, using automation and tools to complement a team of highly trained experts. This is not a sales roles, does not have commission, and all clients are managed collectively.
What you'll work on:
- Act as the main point of contact for day-to-day client communication and oversight, including guiding through the initial decision-to-buy (w/ sales team), providing on-boarding assistance, as well as support for ongoing transactions
- Manage your growing team of Global Account Managers, including workforce planning, training and quality control, ensuring all client interactions and relationships are executed correctly and efficiently
- Leverage your experience and judgment to define strategies, processes, tools, and incentives to maximize the ROI that Client Services brings to our business.
- Provide detailed insights and analysis on all aspects of Client Services, including optimization strategies to increase performance for (ex. time to first response, resolution times, on-boarding conversion, asset growth, retention, etc)
- Be a technical guru, helping to set-up and maintain tools and technology necessary to manage workflows, track funnel, troubleshoot issues and recommend best practice resolutions
- Partner and communicate effectively with CX, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Sales and Product teams to ensure seamless handoffs, resolve issues, provide feedback, recommend improvements and drive initiatives
What you'll bring to Circle:
- You have 10+ years of experience leading client services or account management teams responsible for shepherding customers through on-boarding processes and initial transactions
- You have strong knowledge of cryptocurrency space and/or financial services, including operating in a highly regulated and ever-changing global environment
- Your an expert communicator, in all regards, and you love to help clients to understand the product and get them using it as quickly as possible
- Your experienced in compiling, documenting and communicating business requirements to internal stakeholders to drive product, tool, efficiency and optimization improvements
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth work environment, including diving into data and telling stories/answering questions with metrics
- You're a technical guru, with knowledge of CRM platforms, such as Salesforce, or Zendesk, and know how to use them to create efficiencies and scale
- You have a knack for solving problems, enjoy collaborating with others, love to fix things when they break, and you're thrilled at the opportunity to use automation and tooling to solve anticipated problems
- You're a self-learner who happily dives into new and complex technical tools to figure them out on your own, and can teach what you learn to others
- You've got some project management skills and can get a complex project done on a timeline with multiple stakeholders
- You have Bachelor's Degree (required) or Master's Degree (preferred)
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Mac OSX and GSuite