Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
Coinbase is looking for a Senior Manager, Stock Based Compensation to lead our equity administration team. This role, which will be located in our San Francisco office, will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of our employee equity programs and partner with key stakeholders in our Finance, Accounting, Legal and HR teams, working under the Chief Accounting Officer. Overall responsibility of stock administration and designing/documenting the process and controls to help our company scale are the main responsibilities of this role. Responsibilities:
- Administer all aspects of our global equity programs.
- Develop stock administration function, including improvements in processes, implementing automated solutions and evaluating service providers.
- Maintain stock based compensation database and ensure that transactions are correctly processed in a timely manner.
- Prepare and process new equity awards, exercises, terminations and releases on a timely basis for all employees and other equity holders. Ensure accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting to payroll.
- Perform timely reconciliations of data on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis between Stock Administration, Finance, HR, payroll, transfer agent, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating with the external payroll provider and reviewing payroll entries and reconciliations
- Responsible for working with the tax team on annual reporting forms required by tax authorities and year-end tax statements.
- Work with internal and external auditors and Finance team for year-end audits, as well as ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with our internal control framework.
- Be the point of contact for employee inquiries and requests regarding equity programs and equity transactions.
- Prepare training materials and provide training to employees.
- Prepare reports for business partners and respond to ad-hoc data requests on a timely basis.
- Assist with the preparation of equity-related exhibits for the Board and Compensation Committee.
- Work closely with outside service providers such as equity systems vendor and payroll provider.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting and CPA is a plus.
- 8+ years in stock plan administration, with experience at a public company.
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP stock based compensation accounting and knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Experience with global equity plans and managing an equity administration system, and strong excel abilities.
- An analytical mind with a keen attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Experience with international equity management
- System implementations and integrations
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.