AlphaPoint is a financial technology company helping make illiquid assets liquid. It enables customers to launch new products and services by providing institutions enterprise-grade blockchain solutions to digitize assets, launch markets, and reduce operational costs. AlphaPoint has customers across 5 continents with offices in New York, Charlotte, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Position Profile:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team focused on delivering world-class industrial-strength distributed-systems software
- Work with other developers, test engineers, analysts, and project managers to develop and deliver software products and solution implementations
- Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of both our trading venue and blockchain platform product lines
- Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms
- Leverage Agile practices to incrementally and iteratively deliver high value
- Analyze, design, code, and test software elements, with an eye for building functional, performant, scalable, solid production software in a timely manner
- Prepare technical documentation and diagrams
- Cultivate expertise in relevant aspects of target business domains and apply that knowledge to maximize technology value
- D esign and develop new UI modules for our front-end applications, customer facing websites, and customer administrative interfaces.
- R ecommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of various new technologies.
- U pdate job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; experimenting with new tools and technologies, including the technical direction for a Mobile application.
- Daily organization of the front-end development team including source-code standards, developer productivity and project assignment, software quality and release management.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin.
- Experience designing large scale Web applications supporting 24 x 7 operation, large user base (> 250,000), rapid release cycles, and scalability.
- Drive development standards for the front-end team across test-driven development, continuous integration, automated testing, and source-tree organization.
- Passionate about rapid development and working with a fast-paced team, primarily within an Agile development culture.
- U X or Visual Design capabilities a plus but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Bitcoin, Blockchain, or Cryptocurrencies a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to collaborate with both technical and business staff.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
- Passionate about technology and problem-solving.
- Desire to learn about complex financial business domains.
- Ability to work rapidly in changing and evolving technologies.