At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it's important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world's leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, Washington, D.C and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.What's the role?
The Head of People is a new role, responsible for setting our People strategy, and building, motivating and retaining a high-performing team to ensure that Elliptic continues to deliver against its ambitious growth plans.
Some of the key deliverables include working with the COO and wider Leadership Team to ensure we continue to attract and retain the best of the best in our UK and US offices, to continually develop and strengthen our culture, and to design and implement career development pathways that motivate and grow our team.
You will also work closely with the Finance and Operations teams on areas such as payroll and headcount management, tax, recruitment and employment law. The role is full time and based in London.
We're looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, sometimes unstructured environment where personal accountability is valued.What you'll do:People Strategy
Recruitment + talent
- Oversee the formulation and delivery of the People Strategy and Plan, aligned to the Company's business strategy and goals.
- This will include:
- Organisational design and change management
- Resourcing, retention and succession planning
- Performance and Growth, including performance management and career development frameworks
- Culture and Values
- Compensation and Benefits
- Policies and Procedures
- HR administration, including payroll
- Develop People-related budgets and plans in line with People and overall business strategy.
- Deliver results that meet agreed objectives and KPIs.
Culture + Engagement
- Build and lead the internal recruitment function to drive the direct recruitment of new hires in both the UK and US across engineering, data science, sales, professional services and operations.
- Create an approach to recruitment that builds our employee brand and enables us to recruit top talent.
- Create and deliver best-in-class onboarding programmes to maximize new hire engagement and productivity.
- Equip line managers and interviewing teams to find, attract and select the best candidates.
Performance + Growth
- Drive cross leadership efforts to embed our unique culture and values to drive growth and optimise employee happiness, across all of our offices.
- Stimulate an engaged culture which celebrates success, acknowledges and learns from failures, and drives performance and continuous improvement.
- Through people systems and processes emphasise and drive Elliptic values - ultimately leading to strong employee engagement and morale.
- Drive the use of effective communication methods to drive transparency and collaboration across all locations and teams.
- Provide expert guidance, direction and leadership as required to resolve people issues professionally and ethically.
Compensation & Benefits
- Shape and develop our learning and development programme.
- Train and equip managers to deliver meaningful ongoing feedback and provide excellent line manager support to their teams.
- Define strong career and personal development pathways for employees across all teams and disciplines.
- Oversee annual performance review processes, ensuring employees and managers are engaged and equipped to get the most out of the review conversations.
- Conduct regular reviews of our compensation and benefits offerings against industry benchmarks. Make recommendations to the COO and Leadership team when changes are required to ensure we are able to retain and attract top talent.
- Participate in periodic benchmarking studies.
- Lead periodic review processes for team compensation setting.
- Take our HR systems to the next level - identify and implement systems that will help us deliver our people strategy.
- Use data to drive people-related decisions and support managers with the insights they need to help their teams reach their goals.
- Work closely with finance and operations teams to ensure payroll, benefits, options and time off processes are delivered seamlessly.
Requirements About You: You'll be a great fit here if you:
- Have done this before! You've most likely been a Head of Talent or Head of People in another fast-growing startup, and know what it takes to build a brilliant People function from scratch.
- Have a track record of building the systems and processes to underpin the rapid scaling of people in a high growth, high performance organisation.
- Have a passion for people. You are highly self aware and personable, with an exceptionally high EQ, and can show successful delivery across recruitment, employee growth, culture and engagement.
- Come with strong foundational theory but through experiences and trial and error you know what works and when we need to employ certain strategies to achieve a result.
- Know how startups work and you have an interest in technology.
- Are a proactive doer. embody proactivity, with a can-do roll-your-sleeves-up attitude, and don't wait around to be told what to do!
- You are a culture leader, bring a sense of humour to your work, and have high energy and drive.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, health insurance, pension plan and EMI options
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Fortnightly team lunches, snacks and drinks in the office, and quarterly team events
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
- Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of mission-driven people who'll stretch and challenge you
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
No recruitment agencies!