Coinbase exists to change the world. By creating an open financial system we will bring about more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity on a global scale. Operating across 33 countries, Coinbase is the world's largest crypto brokerage and exchange. We are focused on making crypto accessible to everyone and are guided by two key principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
Coinbases Event Marketing Manager will be responsible for establishing a cohesive, comprehensive, and category-defining event presence for Coinbase, educating broader audiences on the power of crypto and help rally our existing community. As the first dedicated event owner at Coinbase, the role will define and execute an event strategy to advance the passion and enthusiasm for the Coinbase mission, build the Coinbase brand, and help bring crypto to the masses. The perfect candidate will have the right combination of vision, judgement, expertise, creativity, and strategic thinking to help this rocket ship soar. Responsibilities:
- Drive Event Strategy . Develop strategy and author briefs for events globally - ensuring consistent and creative interpretations of the brand offline. Events may address several key audiences for Coinbase including crypto-first community, recruiting events, customers, policy audiences, and developers.
- Execute Flawless Events Globally . You will work on multiple, simultaneous programs that require both critical thinking as well as high-speed tactical execution. You will work closely with cross functional partners (recruiting, finance, legal, social, business units etc.) to bring an event to life on time and in budget. Ensuring the greatest business and brand impact.
- Manage Agencies . Lead the management of event agency partners and foster best-in-class working relationships.
- Own Event Measurement . Determine ideal KPIs, share performance and optimize each event.
- Content and distribution. Work closely with the public relations, editorial and design team to create content for events, including executive slides, multi-media and strategies for amplifying the event content beyond attendees.
- Good judgement. Coinbase is operating in a highly-regulated and rapidly-evolving global space. Everything we do has the potential to meaningfully affect people's lives (and wealth). You recognize and respect that responsibility.
- Working knowledge of crypto and financial basics . We don't expect you to be a crypto native but you should understand the basics-and be excited to get your Master's degree in crypto at Coinbase.
- Initiative and collaboration . We're at a hyper-growth stage, and the ability to start from scratch, drive yourself, know when to ask for input, and communicate clearly along the way are critical to everyone's success.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We're a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach.
- Communication is key . You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ideal candidate finds it easy to communicate with team members at all levels and functions of the organization
- 8-10 years experience. We're looking for an experienced event marketing manager who knows what it's like to work under tight deadlines and drive alignment across many internal constituents.
- Travel. You should be comfortable traveling 20% of the time.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.