Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone.
Moving and transacting financial assets safely is core to executing on our vision and building our brand of trust. The payments team builds shared infrastructure for Coinbase to securely store and trade billion dollars of assets. We take on hard engineering problems in cryptography, payments, security, blockchain technology and distributed systems, with a focus on building high reliability services for product teams.
As an engineering leader on Fiat Payments team, you will be tasked with helping Coinbase expand internationally to new markets. You'll work closely with product, infrastructure, fraud and security teams to add new fiat payment rails to our platform. You will also be responsible for designing, building and maintaining scalable software systems used by over 9 million customers use to send and receive cryptocurrencies using fiat payments.
A little about our team: We take continuous learning to heart. We often dive into computational, financial and economic theory to better understand the engineering problems we face. We also make sure that we have the best tools for the job - we are thoughtful about code quality, testing and architecture, we push code to production confidently multiple times a day, work primarily on microservices and have great monitoring, alerting and debugging tools for production. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities:
- Build integrations with fiat banking partners in countries around the world, to make cryptocurrencies accessible to everyone.
- Write infrastructural services that provide secure storage, accounting and transactional services to help our customers trade assets safely.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
- Coach your direct reports to have a positive impact on the organization and chart a fulfilling career path
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support your team in making diligent architectural decisions
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing engineers who will expand the Coinbase culture and product
Nice to Haves:
- You have at least 7 years of experience in software engineering
- You have at least 3 years of engineering management experience
- You have experience attracting and developing great talent on your team.
- You have experience building highly productive teams, and building highly engaged teams with good employee morale.
- You've designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- You know what high quality code and good software engineering processes look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them.
- You have at least 2 years of experience working in the Payments domain building scalable systems with high reliability and high security.
- Passionate about bank integrations
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- You have experience with Blockchains (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc..)
- You've worked with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Sinatra, Rails, Postgres, MongoDB or Redshift.