Back To All Jobs Physical Security Systems Manager
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is looking for a Global Technical Program Manager to be on the front lines designing, deploying, and managing industry leading physical security systems at all Coinbase offices globally. Coinbase is a security first organization that believes in an eyes open approach to physical security and deploying best available technical systems. Reporting into the Global Security Systems Manager, this position will drive the technical aspects of Coinbases' physical security system from design, to implementation and maintenance. We're looking for somebody who is passionate about the technical aspects of physical security and is knowledgeable and driven to implement next generation security systems at a rapidly growing company. This person will know why wiegand is bad and OSDP is better while understanding that there is much more work to do in the physical security industry. Responsibilities:
- Design global physical security infrastructures using the best available technology and industry best practices
- Be an advocate in the physical security systems industry that pushes the industry towards stronger IT security standards.
- Manage the risk associated with deploying physical security systems
- Evaluate systems components for cost, functionality, and serviceability
- Manage vendor installations and ensure required maintenance tasks are completed
- Manage vendors who complete installation and programming tasks
- Stay current on physical security industry trends and emerging technologies
- Serve as the subject matter expert at Coinbases headquarters for all physical technical security related topics
- Solve physical technical security problems as they arise
- Work with various departments and groups across Coinbase to ensure the security of the companies people, property, and assets
- Manage installation costs and maximize efficiencies and expenses
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis of potential solutions
- Track and resolve reported issues related to all physical security systems
- Create and manages scopes of work related to systems integrations that allows for maximum flexibility of systems
- Design, deploy, and manage a backup infrastructure that maximizes up-time and minimizes the risk of data loss
- Programming all access, video and related systems.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- 4+ years experience administering physical security systems such as Genetec, Lenel, C-Cure 9000, Milestone, DVtel, Exacq, S2
- Solid understanding of the various different types of technologies and protocols used in the physical security systems industry (Mifare, Desfire, SEOS, Prox, Wiegand, OSDP)
- Experience creating scopes of work, conducting RFPs, reviewing proposals, conducting pricing evaluations
- Understands and can create basic SQL statements
- Clear communicator with the ability to explain technical issues and problems in non-technical terms
- Experience with construction projects from a technical security perspective
- 4+ years of project management experience
- Articulate problem solving experience while working in a faced-growth environment
- A high degree of organization and prioritization skills
- Global experience deploying physical security systems
- Technical experience with analytical tools and methods.
- Experience with various different types of electrified locks, strikes, readers, panels, and associated hardware.