Back To All Jobs Product Manager - Proofing
San Francisco, CA
We're looking for a strategic, hands-on product leader to help us build the world's most powerful digital identities. Two core principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, be the easiest to use. Those principles influence every decision across the company from design through engineering, from operations through security.
"Proofing" is how we connect the accounts customers create with Coinbase to their offline identities. We do this with a combination of customer data and photos of identity documents. This process is critical to our role as "the most trusted company in our domain" because it protects our customers from fraud and helps ensure that they don't break local laws. Now we're working to make these processes work globally and scale them to help onboard the next 100 million Coinbase customers.
This is where you come in - you'll work closely with design, engineering, compliance, fraud, security, customer success, and our other product teams to build the Proofing processes that every Coinbase user experiences. If you're excited about Identity, connecting the offline and online worlds, and expanding access to cryptocurrency, we should talk. Responsibilities:
- You will develop the strategy and product roadmap for Identity Proofing at Coinbase
- You will work with a full-stack engineering team to expand our product globally and to dramatically more users
- You will collaborate with product teams across the company to ensure that we deliver the functionality to support all of their customers and use cases
- You will balance the priorities of Security, Compliance, and the User Experience
- You will evaluate, integrate, and coordinate vendors and data providers that help this process
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- You have product management experience with a successful consumer-facing product
- You have a deep understanding or well-established interest in digital identity, account security, or proofing
- You're able to investigate complex problems and to design simple solutions for them
- You're able to lead cross-functional projects through influence
- You're interested in cryptocurrency/blockchains
- You know how to manipulate raw data and to apply a data-driven approach to problem solving