Back To All Jobs People Operations Generalist
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
The People Ops Generalist plays a vital role at Coinbase. As a Generalist, you have the opportunity to impact every employee's experience at Coinbase. You'll work closely with the People Ops team to create a powerful, engaging, and meaningful experience for all employees. We are growing quickly you will be able to directly influence the scaling of our organization by thinking creatively, using data to inform your decisions, improving and creating current processes. Responsibilities:
- Think creatively about the employee experience - find ways to improve every People Ops interaction
- Strategize and advise managers on organizational development and performance management in line with business strategy
- Oversee day to day of employee leaves, accommodations, and employee relations issues,
- Independently implement and administer employee policies, particularly for non exempt populations
- Provide suggestions and support with activities that drive employee engagement, learning and development
- Engage with employees to surface and promote unique local programs relevant to the office
- Support our People Programs, including compensation, feedback, engagement, etc.
- Guide and drive strategies to resolve difficult and/or sensitive workplace matters.
- Serve as the primary investigator of employee complaints in SF, including allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment and/or hostile work environment.
- Partner cross-functionally with Payroll, Security, Office Operations and other key stakeholders.
- 3+ years experience as an People Operations Generalist
- Experience in startup culture - comfort with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and action
- Employee relations and investigations experience
- Extremely detail-oriented - you can't sleep at night if loose ends haven't been tied off
- Strong interest in process improvement - you love finding ways to make processes more efficient and streamlined
- Proficient with Google apps, especially Google Sheets - strong analytical and data manipulation skills, experience using pivot tables, creating charts and graphs
- Impeccable judgment and ability to handle confidential information
- Creative, innovative, passionate
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- BS/BA degree
- Familiarity with BambooHR and Workday
- PHR, SPHR preferred
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.