Description Position Overview:
A paid internship of between two and six months to work with the Elliptic team at our London offices.What will you be doing:
What do we look for?
- A bit of everything! We try to give our interns a taste of as much of the company as possible, from sales and marketing, to finance and operations, to data and engineering.
- To some extent, it depends on whether you have a technical / engineering / data science background, or a non-technical background. There is plenty to do for people of all backgrounds.
- In the past, our interns have enjoyed working on:
- Researching, recommending and coordinating Elliptic's attendance at industry events (conferences, round tables etc) around the world.
- Owning research projects into new industries or geographies for Elliptic expansion. Understanding industry drivers, possible target clients, regulatory environment and making recommendations to leadership for prioritisation.
- Conducting qualification calls with inbound sales leads (people who submit queries to our website for our solutions). Setting up initial client calls, discussing client needs, helping the sales team prioritise opportunities.
- Attending sales meetings and providing support with note-taking and follow-ups.
- Supporting PR and media activity and awards submissions.
- Events support. Helping set up and coordinate events for our user community and recruitment events.
- Working with the Operations team to identify better systems and tooling to help us communicate and collaborate as we grow rapidly.
- Working with our team of data analysts to collect and curate data from the cryptocurrency ecosystem
- Interrogating and critically analyse previously collected data to ensure quality standards
- Conducting ad-hoc research activities such as discovering new exchanges located in high-risk jurisdictions
- Identifying and assess active threat actors
- Investigating ransomware activity and developments
We are looking for someone who cares about our mission to eliminate criminal activity in cryptocurrencies, and you will be passionate about helping Elliptic continue to scale at pace while not compromising on customer and product delivery. You will be an avid learner with attention to detail. Importantly, you will have a strong sense of initiative and don't wait to be asked before jumping in with a solution or idea!Other things valued:
- You are a highly self-motivated individual that enjoys working both independently and as part of a team.
- You don't mind working autonomously and consider yourself to be a self-starter.
- You are a curious mind, and can grasp new concepts quickly.
- You can communicate information and ideas in a clear, compelling, persuasive way.
- You are biased towards action, proactively developing ideas and turning them into concrete outcomes.
- You have a strong sense of fun and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment!
Requirements Minimum Requirements:
Why you should intern with us:
- Right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Completed or studying for a university-level qualification, or at least three years of post-GCSE work experience.
- See what's it's like to work at one of London's hottest startups - according to Wired magazine's list of top 2018 startups!
- Be part of building and delivering cutting edge solutions in a genuinely exciting industry sector.
- Work with a super smart, driven and fun team (we would say that!).