Back To All Jobs Engineering Manager - Identity
San Francisco, CA
We're looking for a strategic, hands-on Engineering Manager to help us build trusted and intuitive Identity services, that enable the world's open financial system.
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Identity Team plays a critical role in executing on that vision-our mission is to swiftly and accurately answer the questions "who is this customer?" (i.e. authentication) and "is this customer who they say they are?" (i.e. verification). We pursue hard engineering problems like secure user authentication, ID document verification, and biometric identity verification, with a focus on building a secure and frictionless user experience.
This is where you come in-you'll work closely with engineering, product, design, compliance, fraud, security, customer success, and infrastructure teams to build Identity systems that will help onboard our next 100 million customers to Coinbase.com. If you're excited by designing scalable and secure services and delivering a great user experience around Identity authentication and verification, we should talk. Responsibilities:
- Grow and lead parts of the Identity engineering team
- Work with leadership to develop product strategy and long-term vision for our Identity systems
- Work with engineers, product managers, and designers to turn vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter
- Be hands-on and if needed help build our systems
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
Nice to Haves
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering and at least 2 years of engineering management experience
- You've designed, built, scaled and maintained production services
- You've hired for and built high performing teams
- You know what high-quality code - and software engineering processes - look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them
- You're passionate about building an open financial system for the world.
- You've built identity, security or finance systems
- You've worked on full-stack teams in the identity, security or finance space
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.