Engineer/Scientist I – Blockchain Analyst
- Conducts technical searches and analyzes technical information in support of the project team.
- May conduct research at the direction of the project manager.
- Work is performed under general supervision.
- Gathers, monitors, analyzes and organizes information on current and emerging distributed ledger science and technology
- Develops and maintains technical literature databases
- Monitors and participates in industry activities including conferences and consortia
- Assists with developing current and potential blockchain projects
- Assists with documentation of project meetings, vendor visits and member presentations
- Works with internal Subject Matter Experts and utility members to gather project requirements.
- Researches and annotates white papers covering blockchain technology, use cases and applications in the global energy industry.
- Assists with the planning, preparation and organization of technical conferences and workshops.
- Provides support in preparation of technical presentations and other materials for advisory meetings, external publications, conferences and workshops.
- Establishes and maintains processes that ease the transfer of technology to members.
Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field such as computer science, mathematics or engineering.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Entry level engineering position.
- Followed the blockchain industry for one year or more
- Experience evaluating companies and technologies for technical viability and application
- Intermediate verbal and written communications skills; comfortable presenting technical information to various types of audiences
- Experience with multiple distributed ledger technologies
- Familiarity with the energy industry preferred
- Incumbents must be able to exercise judgment, diligence, and attention to detail and demonstrate an aptitude for carrying out responsible technical assignments
- Effectively work as part of a team
- Works closely with contractors or staff to complete project research
- May participate in multiple projects
- Individual contributor
- 3years of experience in a technical support role.
- Capability to handle administrative tasks (database, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, etc.)
- A general understanding of the conduct of research projects from the definition phase through to results delivery and application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong ability to identify, analyze, and negotiate and problem solve.
- Self-starter; inquisitive; life-long learner
- Capability of performing multiple and complex tasks with limited direction, while having the judgment to know when to ask for directions.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.