Back To All Jobs Senior Director, International Tax
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is the world's largest retail brokerage and exchange generating $1 billion in revenue for 2017. Global regulatory compliance is essential to ensuring the trust and safety of our worldwide clients in an ever-evolving fiscal environment.
As such, we are looking for an experienced Senior Director, International Tax in the financial technology space who has strong executive experience, a passionate vision and the leadership skills to drive vision into reality.
As a member of our team, you will be involved in all aspects of international tax planning and reporting, and will have responsibility for managing and executing various sophisticated projects and tax-related corporate initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Work with business groups to review new business models and provide both direct and indirect tax guidance as appropriate;
- Support executive decision making processes;
- Effectively research and analyze tax regulations and case law, both US and foreign, and document conclusions to support operations and manage risk;
- Coordinate and communicate with Coinbase partners across the globe on issues that arise;
- Oversee US international and foreign compliance requirements;
- Respond to US and foreign examination inquiries;
- Review and advise regarding the tax issues related to Coinbase employees' international assignments;
- Support investment, mergers and acquisitions activities;
- Developing strong working relationships among cross-functional teams, including Corporate Finance and Accounting, Treasury Legal Affairs, Corporate Development;
- Respond to ad hoc queries.
- 10+ years of total experience, including 6+ years of complex international tax planning experience, required;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree preferred;
- JD LL.M. or Master's degree, CPA or other similar professional designation preferred;
- Strong technical tax skills with emphasis on tax issues related to tax planning reorganizations, M&A activities, international tax, transfer pricing and indirect taxes;
- Public accounting and Industry specific experience preferred;
- Leadership and organizational skills ;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Come join us on the rocketship!
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.