Back To All Jobs Senior Systems Engineer
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
We are looking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer for our Chicago office. You will be part of a greenfield effort to create a scalable, low-latency exchange in the Cryptocurrency space, working along other highly talented and collaborative engineers. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with in-house software development team on custom-built, high performance, low latency exchange software
- Design and deploy Linux systems supporting core exchange software
- Build automation solutions to handle configuration, deployment, and monitoring of Linux systems
- Operate all the Linux infrastructure you build
- You have extensive experience working closely with Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu, Debian, etc
- You have strong scripting and automation skills
- You have experience working with high availability/fault tolerant systems
- You have experience with containerization tools like Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- You have experience with configuration management tools as Puppet, Ansible etc
- You have experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Nagios, etc
All members of this team will embody the core Coinbase values of Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Continuous Learning, and Efficient Execution, and will place a strong emphasis on diversity and inclusion.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.