Back To All Jobs Country Manager - Ireland
In an ever-evolving fiscal environment, global regulatory compliance is essential to ensuring the trust and safety of our global clientele. As such, we are looking for an experienced professional in the financial technology space who has strong executive experience, a passionate vision and the leadership skills to drive vision into reality.
This role will work closely with local and EU based regulators to acquire and maintain financial licenses where applicable. Responsibilities:
- Overall ownership of Coinbase's operations in Ireland, a regulated financial institution.
- Establish and implement an effective strategy to enable the business to achieve strategic goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in market - regulators, partners, banks
- Shape local operations through industry & competitor analysis
- Develop a strong understanding of Coinbase's products and services
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the crypto space and on regulatory compliance
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams, to ensure alignment with global strategy and compliance with local regulation.
- Provide regular updates to board on key business metrics
- Help recruit local/regional team
- 5+ years senior level experience in financial services
- Knowledge of financial regulation (PSD2, MiFID2, 5MLD)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative aptitude and the ability to navigate complex challenges in a fast paced industry
- Driven and goal-oriented with the ability to contribute to a highly collaborative team environment
- Proven track record of growing businesses
The Country Manager, as the leader of our operations in Ireland, is critical to our success in Ireland and will help us move closer to our mission of creating an open financial system.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.