BitPay is looking for a Director of European Compliance who will work under the supervision of the Chief Compliance Officer to oversee all applicable compliance requirements in Europe for BitPay B.V., a subsidiary of BitPay Inc.
- Leading Europe compliance activities
- Manage the European compliance team;
- Support application process for Electronic Money Institution (EMI) license in Europe;
- Responsible for compliance strategy and the development of policies, processes, compliance systems and tools, training and control documentation to ensure compliance with the applicable laws and regulations;
- Manage and expand European banking relations;
- Act as European contact for all regulatory exams and internal audits.
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a leader and hands-on participant of a financial services firm's compliance program;
- Experience working for a Bank or Financial Services firm;
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to work flexible hours, perform well under pressure and have a hands-on approach;
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated strength in building compliance teams/frameworks, project management, experience working on process improvement and the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities;
- Ability to write reports, business presentations, policies, procedures and operating guidelines;
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to maintain a high level of technical expertise and keep abreast of key compliance and company developments;
- Curiosity and a passion for FinTech including working knowledge of cryptocurrencies
- This position will require (international) travel.