Back To All Jobs Integration Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series D funding in August 2017, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Portland and London, we are looking to expand rapidly in 2018 and 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
We are looking for a seasoned Integration Engineer to establish world class Integrations on our team in IT and drive practices like API management, CI/CD and SLAs, from day one.
We have an aggressive portfolio of brand new world class implementations like Oracle Financials, Workday HR and SFDC Sales and Service Cloud. The successful candidate will have significant previous experience and success in similar roles in rapidly integrating systems to meet business objectives, and a long track record of creating high quality code that moves data between business applications.
The growing IT Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) team is based in San Francisco, CA, with a global presence in other Coinbase offices. The Integration Engineer will report directly to the Manager of Data, Analytics and Integrations. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for iPaaS Integrations (Mulesoft/Workato)
- Generate API documentation (Swagger)
- Provide input on test cases for QA to execute against
- Work with Jenkins and CI tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing
- Implement service transformation, routing, enrichment and orchestration in integration platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to capture requirements and develop technical specs
- Create, develop and rely on a API health monitoring system for all integrations
- Resolve (diagnose, track, and manage) integration issues when failed or SLAs missed
- Collaborate with team on code reviews and technical specification proposals
- Work with Business Intelligence and Data Engineers to provide data sets for insightful visualizations and reports
- Champion best practices and design patterns to make Coinbase a world-class organization
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Hands on experience with MuleSoft or other iPaaS tools
- Recent integration work done with SFDC, Workday (Workday Studio) and Oracle Financials
- Extensive knowledge of Web Services (SOAP/ WSDL/ REST) and API management
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and monitoring of Integrations/APIs to meet SLAs
- Understanding of all the stages of API/SDLC lifecycle including documentation (Swagger)
- Experience with databases that include Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, Hive, and Redis
- Demonstrated experience taking projects from inception to production with full ownership
- Working knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, GitHub and overall Devops experience
- Strong emphasis on code quality and operational excellence
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with the drive to constantly learn and improve in an agile environment
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.