Back To All Jobs Senior Communications Designer
San Francisco, CA
The mission of Coinbase is to create an open financial system for the world. Design plays a critical part in achieving that mission. Bridging the information gap between this incredibly complex and powerful technology and the typical user is where we can have the most unique impact. This communication is what will enable the industry to grow massively and gain broad adoption.
Take the rare chance to join a team that is rapidly expanding, and in a completely new and yet to be defined space - where you will get the chance to shape it. Help us tell our story. Responsibilities
The Brand/Communications Designer will own all internal and external communication design projects. External Comms:
- Work directly with the VP of Comms & Head of Editorial to create strategies to reach new audiences
- Invent innovative ways to introduce Coinbase to customers, iterating on creative based on what resonates across owned channels
- Art direct video production efforts, with social promotion in mind
- Concept and design for all communications projects (blog posts, infographics) with an eye to invent processes and systems built for scale
- Art direct external design studios and production companies
- Own the Coinbase blog from a visual perspective
- Give and receive feedback from other designers to constantly raise our bar for quality
Initiative and collaboration
- Create the brand system for corporate communications, including templates for executive presentations, messaging, and internal visual culture
- Ensure all internal communications are meeting the design quality (Photography, posters, etc)
- Handle internal design requests and maintain repository of design assets
. We're at a hyper-growth stage, and the ability to start from scratch, drive yourself, do whatever it takes, know when to ask for input, and communicate clearly along the way are critical to everyone's success. Curiosity and an open mind.
We're a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach. Requirements
What to send
- Extremely high polished visual portfolio of design work
- Understanding of what makes great brands thrive and how design plays the role.
- 5+ years experience designing impactful brand experiences.
- A broad understanding of using different mediums/channels to get your message across.
- Skilled at telling the same story across multiple channels.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Have clear communication, strong analytical skills, and the ability to work with urgency, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- No prior experience in cryptocurrency needed
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.