Back To All Jobs Senior Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by creating an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone.
Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use than any alternative. Those principles guide every decision across the company from design through engineering, from operations through security.
The Data organization's mission is to "Revolutionize value creation from data for the open financial system in the most trusted way." This role is the Lead for the Machine Learning team as part of the organization.Responsibilities:
- Develop high performing algorithms levering machine learning, statistical, and rules based models
- Collect, understand and synthesize requirements and create effective feature stores
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- BS + 5 years, MS + 3 years, or PhD +2 years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following: machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, security data science, advanced statistics or natural language processing
- Experience with iterative, test-driven development
- Experience with configuration management (SVN, GIT, ant, maven, etc.)
- Experience with developing and designing consumer-facing products
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.