Back To All Jobs Senior Business Systems Analyst (Finance)
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series D funding in August 2017, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Portland and London, we are looking to expand rapidly in 2018 and 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
We are looking for a Finance Business Systems Analyst who can help us move from NetSuite to Oracle Financials and configure Oracle Fusion in the cloud.
We have an aggressive portfolio of brand new world class implementations like Oracle Financials, Workday HR and SFDC Sales and Service Cloud. The successful candidate will have significant previous experience in Financial and Reporting Applications and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments, and a long track record of buy vs build decisions.
The growing IT Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) team is based in San Francisco, CA, with a global presence in other Coinbase offices. The Sr. BSA, Finance is an individual contributor role and will report directly to the Sr. Engineering Manager, Finance, Legal and HR. Responsibilities:
- Configure Oracle Fusion Financials - functional and API setup
- Work closely with the Finance Business stakeholders on all Finance related applications - SmartStream for cash reconciliation, Abacus for Expense management, etc.
- Document and implement enhancements to NetSuite financials
- Write user stories and epics in Jira and analyse solutions to address the growing business needs.
- Complete PLAN, BUILD, RUN responsibility
- Responsible for production metrics and meeting production SLAs
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues and help prioritise against existing backlog based on severity and impact
- Responsible for input into all engineering practices for their area- Signal Lights Executive Cockpit, Product Quality, CI/CD
- Provide input into Quarterly Operational reviews
- Complete Platform Ownership: Management of Technical Debt and Platform Life Cycles for Salesforce and other platforms
- Drive buy vs. build decisions
- Work across a number of technologies and advise on fit-for-purpose solutions
- Balance needs for functional and non-functional requirements (availability scalability, supportability, security, interoperability, etc.)
- Work closely with the Security teams to identify and implement unique security requirements relevant for the Coinbase business model
- 5+ years experience with the above, including successful influencing skills at the Director level
- Past experience with global platforms - Oracle Fusion, NetSuite, Abacus, and their integrations via Mulesoft to Workday HR, BambooHR or other HR systems
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products
- Clear communication and orchestration of technical resources
- Significant vendor management skills
- Working knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, GitHub and overall Devops experience
- Hands-on experience with Agile and breaking down epics into user stories
- Hands-on code reviews and technical reviews in the last 5 years
- Hands-on administration, configuration and development in the last 2 years
- Demonstrated ability to create order out of chaos, with minimal oversight
- Expert knowledge of Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Wiki's
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.