Back To All Jobs Frontend Engineer (Pro)
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Coinbase Pro team plays a critical role in executing on that vision. We're building the most secure and trusted digital asset exchange for institutions and professional traders. We take on hard engineering problems around scalability, security and financial safety to help our customers invest in the rapidly growing digital asset space, and to protect their investments.
This is where you come in - you'll help build our flagship trading interface, portfolio management features, and entirely new products that the ecosystem hasn't seen before. You'll also work with our security and risk engineering teams to build trust and safety features to protect user accounts, without compromising on the user experience. If you're excited by the problem spaces of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, building performant user interfaces, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk!
A little about our team: we're a full-stack product team with experts in frontend, backend, trading, product, and design. We care deeply about our stack and tools - we've built out a React based single page app frontend and have continuous integration with multiple deploys daily. We pay special attention to performance as we operate a real-time application with high frequency, low latency updates. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Build, test and ship new user facing code in modern tools like React, ES6, Flow, Styled Components, Jest and Webpack.
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building features that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable.
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Haves
- You have at least 4 years of experience in software engineering.
- You've designed and shipped user-facing features in a modern, component-based UI framework.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- You've worked with production scale React apps.
- You've worked on front-end teams in the finance or security space.