Want to transform the financial industry? Abra is working on the world's first multi-currency, multi-crypto mobile wallet that lets you buy, sell, hold, and send fiat and cryptocurrencies all in the palm of your hand. Position Overview
As a UX Designer at ABRA, you will help design a consistent mobile app experience by striking a thoughtful balance between user needs and business requirements. You will be a part of the consumer mobile experience team where you will influence the way we illustrate our value proposition, onboard users, visualize data, and give users the best chance to make money.
Working collaboratively with the head of UX, you will facilitate the design process and will interface regularly with product, engineers, and marketing. You are responsible for dissecting user behavior, conducting user research and analysis, and providing all deliverables needed by the UI Designer.
Your main deliverables will be user analyses, refined personas, customer journey maps, user flows, and wireframes. Key Responsibilities
Valued Skills and Requirements
- Identify design problems through quantitative and qualitative data
- Run user research for the consumer mobile experience team, rapidly testing and iterating on concepts
- Influence strategic, short term and long term design decisions related to core functions and features of the app
- Design and deliver wireframes, user flows, user stories, and mockups for mobile app
- Maintain a high standard of consistently elegant and user-focused design
- Collaborate with stakeholders
- Be curious (ask questions), take risks, and champion the user
- Influence maturation of the ABRA design team
- Minimum 1 year of UX design experience is required
- Passion for solving user pain points through great design
- Ability to synthesize abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate relevant design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, lean environment
- Ability to share and champion your ideas in a cross-functional team
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team, communicating early and often
- Ability to dive into the details, while still maintaining a view of the bigger picture.
- Willingness to go beyond the job description to support the team (and the company's) success
An interest in cryptocurrencies, blockchains, and/or financial investing is a plus, but not required.
This is a full-time 6 month contract-to-hire position in Mountain View, California. We will not respond to applications that require full-time remote work. We are committed to building a culturally diverse company and strongly encourages applications from candidates from all walks of life.